Measured Against Reality

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Changes

There are going to be some changes around here. The novelty wore off. I started to feel like updating this was a pain, like writing for an assignment, not writing because I wanted to. Plus I don't have good material most of the time. Posts will be sporadic from now on.

I realized that blogs are a really crappy form of communication. Unless you're a fantastic writer, a reporter, or an expert, you just have nothing to add to discourse. I suppose that's one of the biggest shortcomings of the internet, every idiot with opinions can show them to any idiot who'll read them. I've stopped reading most blogs (and Digg and Fark) for this reason, it's just so much crap.

Another big part of the this was my recent acquisition of Medieval II: Total War. It's an absolutely fantastic game. I do love trebuchets so... Now my spare time will be mostly spent on that, rather than this.

So that's the situation. If you care, sorry. But I doubt you do.

8 Comments:

  • Well, if it makes any difference to you, I read your blog every day. I liked it quite a bit.

    By Blogger Li Madison, at 8:49 PM, November 18, 2006  

  • Really? But...I have you bookmarked and liked your stuff enough to submit it to reddit!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:15 AM, November 19, 2006  

  • Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

    I understand, but I will miss the daily posts.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:32 AM, November 19, 2006  

  • I'll be sorry to miss out on your writings, but I think your decision is probably for the best. Good luck with the trebuchets... watch out for Kazakhstani catapaults.

    By Blogger Jeremy, at 10:02 PM, November 19, 2006  

  • Hey! Have more faith in your readers! (:

    Well it's pretty sad that you won't be updating as often as you used to, but I'm glad that you decided to be honest and not continue writing for the sake of writing. There's nothing more repulsive than forced intellectualism.

    So long as you remain genuinely "yourself" in your posts, your entries will have value far exceeding those who have sold out, as they do now.

    Happy playing, and I'll always check back regularly! (:

    By Blogger JeNn, at 10:58 PM, November 19, 2006  

  • Don't leave, your posts are extremely interesting and informative.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:48 PM, November 20, 2006  

  • I was checking your blog daily and really enjoying reading it.

    Now i think i'll check ever couple of days and get excited when i see a new post.

    cheers

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:14 PM, November 20, 2006  

  • Don't give up. I really enjoy reading your blog - I think you just might be experiencing the ebb and flow. Keep with it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:10 PM, November 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home