Measured Against Reality

Monday, February 26, 2007

Breaking News: Prohibition doesn't work, has unintended consequences

What happens when a state bans cigarettes in prisons? If you guessed, "A black market evolves, with skyrocketing prices, smuggling, and corruption", then you guessed well. Although that should be no surprise, as it's the same damn thing that happens any time anything people want is banned, whether it's cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, or anything. You can't eliminate vice with legislation, you can only make it more expensive and dangerous. I wonder when our stupid government is going to figure out that 90-year-old lesson?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Thanks a lot for sharing. You have done a brilliant job. Your article is truly relevant to my study at this moment, and I am really happy I discovered your website. However, I would like to see more details about this topic. I'm going to keep coming back here.

    By Anonymous Health Nwes, at 5:43 AM, February 01, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home