Measured Against Reality

Thursday, April 26, 2007

God loves Saudi Arabia

This is appalling.

A Saudi woman was kidnapped by five men and gang-raped. Then her brother found her and beat her for bringing shame to her family. She got 90 lashes for being alone with a man (who was trying to blackmail her for having an out of wedlock relationship), the men who raped her got 10 months to five years, and her brother got nothing.

Oh, and she tried to kill herself too.

Remind me again why I'm supposed to like religion.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Remind me again why I'm supposed to like religion.

    Because Jeebus loves you? ;-)

    By Blogger nullifidian, at 12:56 PM, April 26, 2007  

  • This is horrible but oh so common. And people think we should be "nice" towards religion? Bah. As soon as they quit terrorizing my side of the species, I'll consider it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:13 PM, April 26, 2007  

  • A woman was kidnapped and raped by a white man with blue eyes.

    Remind me again why I'm supposed to like white men with blue eyes.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 4:20 PM, April 26, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home