Measured Against Reality

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Interesting Scam E-mail

Perhaps I'm behind the times, but I just got an incredibly interesting scam e-mail (you know, one of those Nigerian 410 deelies). Here it is:

Dear Brother/Sister's in Lord Christ Jesus. Calvary greetings in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ,I am former Mr Ahmedaliza Wasilat ,now Mr Christain Davis,,I am now a new Christian convert,suffering from long time cancer of the heart. From all indications, my condition is really deteriorating and is quite obvious that I may not live more than six months, because the cancer stage has gotten to a very severe stage.My late wife was killed during the Gulf war, and during the period of our marriage we had a son who was also killed in a cold blood during the Gulf war.My late wife was very wealthy and after her death,I inherited all our business and wealth. My personal physician told me that I may not live for more than six months and I am so scared about this. So, I now decided to divide part of this wealth, by contributing to the development of evangelism in Africa,America, Europe and Asian Countries. This mission which will no doubt be tasking had made me to recenlty relocated to Israel,where I live presently. I selected your church after visiting the website for this purpose and prayed over it, I am willing to donate the sum of $19.500,000.00 Million US Dollars to your Church/Ministry for the development of evangelism and also as aids for the less privileged around you.


Please note that, this fund is lying in a Security Company in Europe and the company has branches, therefore my lawyer will file an immediate application for the transfer of the money in the name of your ministry. Please, do not reply me if you have the intention of using this fund for personal use other than enhancement of evangelism.Lastly, I want you/your ministry to be praying for me as regards my entire life and my health because I have come to find out since my spiritual birth lately that wealth acquisition without Jesus Christ in one's life is vanity upon vanity. If you have to die says the keep fit and i will give you the crown of life. May the Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you. If your are interested do reach my Attorney he lives in England London.
His Particulars are
Name :Avocat: PHILIP CHUPMANN

Telephone Number at: 00447031922887
Email at: advocatchupmann@yahoo.co.uk

Thanks for your assistance
Yours in Christ
MR CHRISTAIN DAVIS
FROM KUWAIT.


I really love that they play up the Jesus part so much. I have to wonder if this is more likely to work in America than the "I'm rich and dying please help me!" ones. For some strange reason I think that it will (the strange reason being how easy it is to separate a Christian from his money using religion). Maybe one day we'll know if this letter works better, but I sincerely hope it doesn't (no one, not even someone dumb and gullible enough to fall for this, deserves to have their life savings stolen. Plus I don't want them in my inbox anymore, and that won't happen until they stop working).

In related news, I apparently won the UK lottery and Microsoft wants to give me money. I'm a lucky guy!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home