Measured Against Reality

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The USA is no longer a country

I just ordered some books from Amazon, and had a strange thing happen when I tried to edit an address (from last year's to this year's). Take a look below:



Apparently the USA isn't a country.

Oh, and I removed my address and phone number after the error, it seemed like an egregious mistake to put that information online, even in a picture. Also, even after reselecting "U.S.A." from the dropbox (it was the first choice), I still got the error. Amazon really doesn't think the US is a country.

1 Comments:

  • Well, now, it didn't say we weren't a country, it just said we weren't a valid country. I looked up the word "valid" on OneLook and got: well grounded in logic or truth or having legal force. When it comes to the well grounded in logic or truth part, I gotta say, I think Amazon might be on to something. I wonder if this is the first inklings of internet self-consciousness. Again, I say, it may be on to something. ;)

    By Blogger Terra, at 10:22 PM, October 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home