Measured Against Reality

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Thank god they passed that bill, or Christmas would surely have been destroyed forever!

From The Economist blog, Christmas saved from near-certain doom (translated: that dumb "Save Christmas" bill passed the House").

I'm not entirely surprised, mostly because I think at this point the House will pass anything that doesn't actually improve the country in any way. I'd really like to see someone introduce the "Flags for Orphans" bill from The Simpsons just to see what would happen.

I don't feel that I need to give an extended opinion on this inanity to slay all inanities of a law. Christmas is doing just fine, and frankly I wish we would all just leave it the hell alone, stop whining about whether it's "too material" or fret about "the war on Christmas". It's stupid, it's pointless, and the people who say it and the people who believe it are morons.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home