Measured Against Reality

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Funny/scary religion quotes

Here's a funny list of quotes from Christian chat rooms. Some of them are hysterical (either for stupidity or unintentional irony), some are incredibly depressing, some are infuriating; so it's pretty representative of religion in general.

Here's one particularly terrible quote:

Seriously, does anybody ever cry at an Atheist's funeral?

I mean, since Atheists have no value whatsoever as human
beings (they're not even human, but only inhuman animals),
since Atheists are nothing but miserable Liars, Cowards
and Murderers, after all, why would anybody in their
right mind weep over the dead rotting corpse, or bone
chips and ashes (that get mixed together with those of
others from the crematory) of a worthless dead Atheist?

And what epitaph do you engrave on an Atheist's grave
marker? "Here lies the only good Atheist, which is a
dead Atheist". What else is there say? Nothing at all.
No last words, no last rites, no flowers, no anything.

Every time an Atheist dies, the world is better off as
a result of that dead Atheist being dead, & its damned
God-forsaken soul burning in the fiery pits of Hades. :)

Which begs another related question, do Atheists cry at
funerals? If so, why? Since Atheists hate God, and they
hate Family, and they hate Country, who are they crying
for? It is true: The only good Atheist is a dead Atheist.


I won't even bother answering the questions, since their answers are obvious to anyone with a brain. I just wanted to point out that I have never in my life heard that kind of sentiment expressed by an atheist about anyone. I guess Freud was right about projection, because there is no shortage of it in these messages (and in my experience with the religious in general). Hatred, ignorance, fear, and intolerance are all projected onto atheists (as well as other groups). It's a very sad state of affairs, I can only hope that one day people will be educated enough to spot these projections.

10 Comments:

  • I guess this is what we call "Christian compassion."

    If atheists shouldn't bother crying because they don't believe in God, why do Christians cry at funerals? Are they sad that their loved ones are with God? If so, what does that imply?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:03 PM, January 13, 2008  

  • Anonymous, I know, it doesn't make any sense. Trying to analyze the logic in most of these posts would be an exercise in futility. Although it is quite funny.

    By Blogger Stupac2, at 7:04 PM, January 13, 2008  

  • Speaking of what to write on an atheists grave stone, I always liked: "Here lies an atheist, all dressed up and no place to go".

    By Blogger Alex, at 7:05 PM, January 13, 2008  

  • the funny list of quotes link only returns me to your website

    come on, gimme gimme!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 PM, January 21, 2008  

  • Apple, I must have messed up the URL. I'll try to find it and fix it.

    By Blogger Stupac2, at 8:31 AM, January 22, 2008  

  • Actually, the page appears to be dead. Oh well.

    By Blogger Stupac2, at 8:33 AM, January 22, 2008  

  • Wow...ill just say that whoever was credited to that sad quote is not a good representation at all to really any religion in general, Christianity alone.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 PM, September 22, 2008  

  • How can I hate God? I don't believe he exists, I hate God as much as I hate the tooth fairy.

    PS. I love my family, my country, well I'm patriotic enough but I'm English and we havn't had much to be proud of lately...I live in New Zealand though and love it here!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:34 AM, August 31, 2011  

  • So much useful data for everyone!

    By Anonymous www.muebles-en-mostoles.com, at 11:25 AM, October 06, 2011  

  • Come on it doesn't matter after all we just suffer, christian or atheist.

    By Anonymous online pharmacy, at 8:05 AM, January 11, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home