Measured Against Reality

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Democrats for Spinelessness

I'm watching the Daily show right now, and I am simply aghast at the leading Democratic candidates' views on gay marriage. Obama and Clinton are both for civil unions, which is code for "I'm saying this because I don't want to alienate those for or against but am going to do both." Once again they're proving that Democrats don't have spines, and it's getting really tiring to watch them cave to everything.

The only person they showed who supported full gay marriage was Kucinich, who said (paraphrasing), "I think it comes down to whether or not you support equality." YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT IT DOES! That's all that's at issue, whether or not you believe in and fully support equality. I'm glad that at least one candidate (although the host said he was one of two) actually supports equality, and it's pretty ironic that the black man and the woman, the only minorities of any kind in the election, don't.

Oh well. The moral zeitgeist will continue to shift towards equality as it has been for the past few centuries, and eventually we will get to equality for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home