Measured Against Reality

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Politicians Behaving Like Children

For those of you who have always speculated that politicians behave like little children, the proof is here.

In true respectful, democratic fashion, a Republic’s team shined a laser-pointer into a Democrat’s eyes during a rally. What makes this incident truly spectacular is that the Democrat actually cried and told on mommy (said that his eyes hurt for hours and informed the police). It’s almost as though it happened during recess.

I have to say though, I’m glad that we’ve added shining laser-pointers into the opposition’s eyes to the pre-election tactics list. Calling people names, making stuff up about them, lying about what you’ve done and will do are just not enough. I look forward to the day when politicians are pulling each other’s hair and not letting each other play in the sandbox.

Honestly, I don’t know how anyone can take politics seriously when elected officials are less mature than most children. When did we stop holding them up to higher standards? Hopefully something will change, soon. I’m not holding my breath.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home